All apartments include:
- A full kitchen with electric stove and refrigerator
- Full bathroom with tub or shower
- Individual thermostat controls
- Window Coverings (blinds or curtain rods)
- Cable television outlets
- Emergency call system
- Hard-wired smoke detectors
- Some units are fully accessible
The Ripton is a 36-unit affordable apartment community for residents aged 62 and older centrally located in downtown Shelton, CT and funded through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
The Community includes 35 one bedroom units with a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living/dining area. The Ripton has 5 floors including a laundry room on the first floor and a covered garage for parking below the building. There is a community room for use by residents for social gathering.
All residents must meet income restrictions as established by the U.S. department of Housing and Urban Development. Rents are 30% of annual adjusted household income and include all utilities except telephone and cable TV.