A special component of Broad River Homes is that 2 meals a day are served in a congregate setting. Our meals program is a mandatory expense for our tenants; the current fee is $243 per month per resident (in addition to rent).
Of 48 rental apartments, 34 are studios and 14 are one-bedroom. Five units are fully accessible. In general, rents are set at 30% of adjusted monthly income.
All apartments include:
- A full kitchen with electric stove and refrigerator
- Full bathroom with tub or shower
- Tenant-controlled thermostats for heat in apartments
- Cooling in apartments from optional window units
- Window Coverings (blinds or shades)
- Cable television outlets
- Emergency call system and hard-wired smoke detectors
- On-site Resident Services Coordinator and live-in Superintendent
We are conveniently located in the midst of the Broad River shopping district and adjacent to a park with tennis courts. Prior to opening as a residence in 1982, our building had been an elementary school. Public transportation is limited, though residents may take advantage of van services offered by the City of Norwalk, including daily transport to and from Senior Center.
108 New Canaan Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06850Phone: (203) 846-3700
Fax: (203) 849-3149
Congregate | Disabled | Elderly | HUD 202 | Sec. 8
# of Units: 49